16 April 2009

Nerd Time // Trains, And I'm Not Talking About Thomas!

obama-high-speed-railroad.jpg

Courtesy of QuestLove,
I have some news on a new Obama venture that will (hopefully) be coming soon.

As you can see from the pic, this isn't your "Thomas the Train" ride. President Obama is planning to revitalize our train system throughout the country. I personally love riding trains because it's relaxing and saves me a headache of getting through traffic. So I was very happy to know that $8 Billion will be used to bring high speed trains to our country. Yes, these will be like those Japanese bullet trains you have been hearing about since I was about five. Not only will these trains help reduce traffic but, it will cut down on pollution of other kinds. Everyone knows that the Northeast part of the country (DC, New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, etc.) uses trains more than anywhere else so hopefully, we will be the first to get sevice. It really doesn't matter though, seeing how we will have to wait until next year before anything happens.

Want to read more on this? Click Here



S-o-l-o // D-o-l-o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Speak your mind!