17 April 2009

Jadakiss "The Last Kiss" // Album Review




Well, well, well... First and foremost, let me kick this off with a little bit of honesty. I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER, listened to an entire Jada album.

I started listening to this album with the expectation that the raspy voice and 'AHAA' would piss me off and therefore make me NEXT that shit. It actually didn't bother me that much and his lyrical content made up for the annoying ass ad-lib.

At first glance, it's a feature heavy album which normally means it won't be as good as an album with minimum features. I have to say, every collaboration that Jada did on this CD was FIRE. Everyone held their own weight and nobody got murdered on any tracks.

It's nice to see that not only did he make "club bangers" or "gangsta music" but, he showed every angle that he has as an artist. On "Who's Real" featuring Swizz Beats and OJ Da Juiceman, even mediocre ass OJ holds his own with the two greats. This will more than likely become a hit with people everywhere seeing as though we are all preoccupied with pointing out the phoneys (POINT EM OUT!!!) Now on "One More Step", Jada and Styles P are showing us why they have been around so long. It's nice to see the way they interact on the track... Almost like they can finish each others thoughts.

He even pays homage to one of the G.O.A.T., Biggie. On the track "Letter to B.I.G." with Faith Evans, Jada tells the legend what's been going on since he passed away. Things like the label deal, how the Lox ended up, just pretty much saying that the game is fucked up honestly.

I'm not going to spoil the show though. This will become a classic in about.... Oh.... 5 years? I don't think many people will give this album the credit it is due. Personally, if you have never been a Jada fan, this might just do the trick.


Rating you say?
4.9 out of 5
Only because nothing is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Speak your mind!