29 March 2009

T.I.'s Road To Redemption

At breakfast this morning I had a conversation with my mom and younger sister about the show... and it was pretty interesting to my surprise.

My sister is 14 and attends a school that is fairly mixed with different races. In my opinion, she identifies with white people more than blacks because she was too young to really "grow-up" in the city like I did and, she just always has been that way.

My mom grew up in the city and used to be grimy from what I hear in the streets. Her reputation precedes her... So you can understand what that means... Lol.

My sister said she would never watch the show because she thought it was just a publicity stunt for his court case. In her opinion, he should have done all that on the low, without cameras, if he really meant it.

However, mom and myself don't feel this way [apparently] lol.

For T.I. to really do and say the things he did on the show, he was trying to reach a broader audience. It may not get to all the ones who really need to see it but, I know word of mouth is a motherrrrrrr so it will make its way there eventually. I commend him for putting his more personal business out there for the fans to see, it doesn't happen much in our society. Everybody wants to glorify what being a "gangster" is without showing the possible outcomes of being one. My life has been touched many times by gangbanging and other violent crimes so the show meant a lot to me to see that I'm not the only one going through those things.

Hopefully, when Tip gets released next year, he will be able to continue his work with young people and really set the stage for other entertainers to do so.

And to anybody else who thought the show was a sham... Check this out.

'T.I.'s Road To Redemption' Is 'Life-Changing,' Says Parole Officer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... Speak your mind!